Saturday, September 26, 2009

Our Tiny Dancer


Just cuz I thought it was a cute pic!

Now, on to the post...

We signed up Addison for dance lessons. She was supposed to start on 9/19, but when Justin and I took her, no one was there. We waited and waited (like 20 min) and no one showed. We then called and no one answered. I was a (pregnant) emotional mess. It was her first day of dance and she was so dang excited. As we left, she said "I guess I'm NOT going to dance today" - I felt horrible! Did I mess up the time? My pregnant brain wouldn't surprise me if I did. So, I had to wait until Monday and call the studio. Well, they canceled class on Friday and were supposed to call me. Hugh, no one called me. So, next month they are going to credit one weeks class for us. Long story short, Addi started class on 9/25 and had a blast! The class is pretty structured and they are learning basic ballet, stretching, and a couple moves to music. Addison kept dancing and singing around the studio - not following instructions, so the teacher had to keep redirecting her. After class I asked how I could help her and the teacher said all the girls are like this the first couple classes and after a time or two, they get the hang of the routine / structure thing. I really think she'll get it soon and love dance like I used too!


Before "class" she had to put on her make-up


Such a girly- girl!


The dance studio. If anyone is interested, the website info is here.


The best pic I could get through the 1 way mirror. She had a great time!

No comments: