Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Eggstra ~ Eggstra

We are getting about 3 eggs a day from our 4 chickens and we just filled our tray with our first dozen fresh eggs. It is kinda fun to go gather them each day and Addison is learning so much! I keep telling Justin we should get rid of 2 chickens because we only eat about a dozen eggs every 3 weeks, but Justin insists we need 4, so the chickens have pals to play with.

So, if anyone would like some Lytton farm fresh "cage free" eggs~come and get them!


Check out this egg on the right. It is freakishly huge! The eggs we have been getting are large eggs, but this one we got the other day is like twice the size of an extra large egg. I wonder if when we crack it open there will be more than one yolk. (The camera doesn't do it justice, it really is huge!)


Our first dozen eggs. The "huge" one is on the top, second one in from the right. Again, the camera doesn't do it justice.

4 comments:

Ross family said...

I Love that you have chickens and that you get your own eggs! that is awesome! Your Addison is so adorable. Have a great Halloween!

Cathy Clark said...

I love farm fresh eggs. We have neighbors that give us eggs all the time! We need to get our own chickens, my oldest keeps asking for one!! He is really into animals! hee hee

Anonymous said...

That is very exciting to be getting so many eggs from your chickens! How funny about that large egg.

I love Addy's pictures they are ADORABLE!

Anonymous said...

Tristine..my blog address is www.thejensencrew.blogspot.com!